Thursday, August 27, 2015

Get Your Skimm On!

It's fun, it's witty, and it's quick. What more could you ask for? Oh, and it's free!


I've mentioned it before, and I'll mention it again. Y'all, if you're not reading the Skimm in the morning (or whenever you wake up), you are missing out. I think one of the best things about the Skimm is that you only receive ONE email per day, and only on weekdays. As most of you do, I feel like my inbox is constantly flooded with more or less spam emails from various companies. I was a little hesitant about voluntarily adding another one to the list. But this is different, it is not intrusive, and unlike most of those other emails, I actually read this one! Ha!

In hopes to spark your interest a little more, here are some of my favorite stories from the last week or so. // These snippets come with the disclaimer that the Skimm reports on the good and the bad, but I didn't see any reason to rehash the bad news for the purpose of persuading you :)  //
the Skimm 










Every Skimm starts with a Quote of the Day and they are almost always funny, and on a lighter note than a lot of the news for the day. And it always leaves me wanting to read more into what was actually happening. (any of the green text in the Skimm is a link to a longer article, or articles about that particular piece of news)
the Skimm 
This was so exciting because I am recently obsessed with Amy Schumer and JLaw is a Kentucky girl! What better combination could there be!

the Skimm 
I am finally starting to have more time to read for pleasure now that I am out of school, but since it has been so long, I am constantly looking for recommendations. Sometime in the early spring (late winter?) one of the "Skimm Reads" was a book called Big Little Lies, and I took a chance to pick it up for the beach and it was so good! I am sure the others will not disappoint and I am looking forward to taking a few more suggestions from the Skimm.

the Skimm 
 With the impending election, the Skimm has taken on interviewing all of the candidates and it has been quite enjoyable. I mean y'all, the republican candidates are currently in double digits. I cannot imagine trying to track down the relevant information about every single one of them to really understand their platform and plan. Enter - "Skimm Your Candidate." Plus, apparently most of them don't hit the snooze button, who knew?
the Skimm 
This is just another example of the broad, and random (but relevant!) news you'll be presented with. I honestly feel like I have zero time in the morning to watch or read the news and the Skimm works as a perfect supplement to my need to know what's going on in the world. Plus, its a bonus when I can tell my friends or family something interesting that I read and that they haven't even heard about yet because we are all. so. busy.

Do you Skimm?

Have a great day, y'all! It's almost Friday!!
xoxo

linking up with:
Wednesday Showcase

No comments:

Post a Comment