Friday, September 25, 2015

TGIF, results day!

I cannot believe it is already Fall! This is the first time in a looonggg time that I have not been in school in the Fall and I think it is throwing my whole perception of the seasons off! That and the crazy ups and downs in the weather! Anyone else or is it just me?

Louisville BrewFest at Slugger Field

Three years ago we went to Louisville BrewFest kind of on a whim just as something to do on a Saturday night/afternoon, and it was great! Last year it coincided with the Avett Brothers concert so we got to take my mom and brother and they loved it just as much as we did.
It is coming up tonight and I am so excited! The BrewFest is held in Louisville's Minor League Baseball Stadium and they have different beer (and wine!) set up around the entire concourse, as well as a few inside. At the beginning you buy tickets and with each ticket you can get a 3oz pour of the beer of your choice, so it makes it possible to try a lot of different kinds! The weather the last few years has been perfect, the nice crisp fall that we've all been waiting for, so hopefully the same holds true for tonight. Louisville honestly has so much going on all of the time that it's hard to keep up, so it's nice having events that I already know I'll enjoy! What are some of your favorite fall events? My

Recent Netflix Obsession: Criminal Minds

I don't generally consider myself a big TV watcher, but there are about half a dozen shows that I do tend to watch regularly - Greys, How to Get Away With Murder, Madame Secretary, and the Good Wife. However, as you may or may not know, those are all shows that run a regular season, i.e. not in the summer. So during Bar Review and in the evenings after work this summer I'd been looking for new-old shows on Netflix to watch and came upon Criminal Minds. I used to watch this show all the time when I was in high school and even in college, but I have not watched it live in a few years so I had a lot of catching up to do - read: a lot of new episodes I hadn't seen yet. I also got the boy hooked on it, which is rare because I don't tend to watch things that he likes. But we have made our way through quite a few seasons and I'm loving it. We have also learned that it might not be the best thing to watch right before bed - hellllllo nightmares!

Building My Work Wardrobe

After finnnnaly cleaning and organizing my closet, I realized that I have more clothes than I realized and that maybe I don't need to work all that hard, for the time being, to build up my work wardrobe. However, the one discovery that I did make, is that because of my weight loss I no longer have pencil skirts that fit well. And by that I mean they fall down to my hips, rather than sitting at my natural waist, and just look very awkward over all. So. I've been on the hunt for some new ones, but can't make up my mind. On the one hand, I would just much rather buy online because it is so much easier to scout out good deals and see a lot at once, but because my sizing has changed so much lately I don't trust myself to order online, even from my favorite places. As much as I love shopping, I just get so overwhelmed when I don't even know where to start!

Related/Unrelated: I am also on the hunt for a new pair of jeans and had the same overwhelming experience at the mall last weekend because every pair I've ever owned have been from the Gap or OldNavy, but I want something different and had no. idea. where. to. start. So I ask (beg) y'all - where do you buy jeans??

Wedding Planning!

Wedding Planning is in fullll swing! I can't believe that we are less than 5 months away! I know that still might sound like a long time, but considering when we got engaged we were 14 months away, it feels very close. Plus, when you add in the holiday season - it will be here before I know it! As I mentioned last week we met with a wedding planner, who pretty much forced me to start making decisions - which was a much needed push - so since then I've been trying to narrow down some minor/major details, one of which is our napkin color and what the table is going to look like. I got the idea in my head months ago that I wanted to embroider all of our napkins with our new monogram - I know. I. am. monogram. obsessed. However, in order to do this I (1) needed to actually decide on the napkin colors, (2) order the napkins, and (3) figure out how we were going to set the table because that would dictate the placement of the monogram on the napkin. I am proud to say that ALL of those decisions have been made and I've finally gotten into a grove of using my sewing machine for embroidery - which is half of the reason I bought it in the first place! I also may or may not have stopped at four different Michael's stores between here and Knoxville to pick up 200 silver chargers. Spoiler - I did, I totally did. And of course I wanted to buy everything else in the store, and was quickly reminded why I love Michael's so much and made me wish I'd gone into crafting as a profession, although I'm pretty sure that's not a thing. Is it?

BAR RESULTS COME OUT TODAY

So I mostly kept my promise of not talking about the Bar again until results came out. Well, folks, TODAY is the day! {and hopefully I will be updating this post with good news!} I PASSED!!

Happy Friday, Y'all! Have a Great Weekend!!

linking up with:

10 comments:

  1. This is the first time in a loooong time that I haven't been in school, too! It's all out of sorts, right? Haha! I can't keep track of the month!

    Happy wedding planning!! It sounds crazy and fun!!

    I bought some jeans at Nordstrom and I LOVE them... ;) They were more expensive than the jeans I got at gap, but I think that you can't put a price tag in feeling confident in your pair of jeans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wedding planning is so fun, but definitely more intense than I realized!

      Delete
  2. I am such a sucker for Criminal Minds. If you watch the first five minutes, there is no way that you aren't sucked into finding out what happens and watching the entire episode! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I know! I think we go through at least a season a week!

      Delete
  3. Have fun at Brewfest! I miss living in Louisville :( I've lost weight too and am cleaning out and restocking my wardrobe. It's exciting to get new things but figuring out new brands/sizes that work can be stressful. I found a cheap pair of jeans at TJ Maxx to get me through til I get down to the next size but once I'm at goal weight I'm headed to Nordstrom for some good ones. Good luck with wedding planning! It's a lot of work but so worth it :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pair or two now that I can belt and make work, but definitely looking for a nice pair when I reach that final weight! I will have to check out Nordstrom since you're the second to suggest that! :) Have a good weekend, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Okay so I know the stigma surrounding this but I LOVE Hollister jeans. And everyone I've recommended them to has loved them! They have tons of styles & they're always having deals. It's not just for 14 year olds ;) My mother in law also loves Forever 21 jeans, but I've never tried them.
    Morgan | theradwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check that out, I'm open-minded on looking, which I think is what made it so overwhelming to me!
      Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  5. Wow, congrats on passing the bar!! That's amazing. Sounds like you are extremely busy, but in a fun way. We went to a similar beerfest type thingy in our area. Hubby loves to try as many different types of beer as he can. I do not like beer, but it was fun to hang out with him anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm also not a huge fan of beer, but if its light enough or fruity I can tolerate it, plus this beerfest also had wine!

      Delete