Friday, July 10, 2015

TGIF, rain, rain go away!

Happy Friday Y'all! (I know, I know, its been about a million years since I updated this - but I have good reason and I promise I'm going to be more consistent in the coming weeks and months!) In the last few months I have graduated law school and have been studying for the up coming bar exam - which I am terrified about. Basically, anytime that I'm not studying, I feel guilty - hence the lack of blogging :/. However, I've recently realized that I still need a creative outlet, sooooo I'm back! :) Here's a peek into my week - 

1. I know I told  y'all about DietBet a few months ago when I started it. Well, I am happy to report that I have successfully reached my 10% goal! However, I still have to keep that stable for a little over a month to officially win the final pot - but I am feeling SO great, and I am surprised at how many people have noticed. I can certainly tell a difference in the way clothes fit - and having to go down a size (!), but I think we can all agree, when someone else notices, you really feel like you've made progress. 

2. Have you ever had a scone? A cheesy, dense, savory scone? If not, you need to have one - now. We've been going to a local coffee shop here to study and they have the. best. scones. Generally I would steer clear because I know they're packed with calories, but I've been sharing it with my fiance as our lunch - along with a chocolate chip cookie - so I don't feel all that guilty. I've made scones before, and they're actually easier that you might think, especially for such a delicious outcome. Although, it is quite difficult to only eat one when you make them yourself, so I usually only make them now if we have a brunch or something like that to go to. But - point of all of this is - go. eat. a. scone. Please :) 

3. The good and bad of rain. Honestly, it has rained here for no less than 10 days in a row. Okay, maybe there was one day that was only overcast, but seriously it has been non-stop. Weather like this always tends to put me in a bad mood, its just so dreary and grey and dull. Fortunately, it makes it that much easier to stay inside and study, so I guess that is the one, single, benefit of rain. 

4. FitBit. I've had a FitBit for a little over a year now and have used it off and on. I'm pretty obsessive about it, so when I didn't have time to be active, it just made me feel bad when I wasn't able to reach the suggested 10,000 step goal. However, as I've been working out more I started using it again and now it has all of these crazy features - one of which is the ability to challenge your friends. This can take place in the form of a "Work Week Hustle" where you have to see who can get the most steps M-F, or "Weekend Warrior" where you see who gets the most over the weekend. Anyways, now some of my friends have a FitBit too and we've started these challenges and it has honestly made all of us so much more active! I think its probably because we're all very Type-A and very competitive, but hey, whatever works, right? 

5. Less than one month until vacation! Everyone I've ever talked to - well every attorney I've ever talked to - suggests going on a vacation for at least a week after you get done studying for the bar. Well, fortunately for me (and my fiance), his family was already planning a trip to the beach, starting about one week after we get done. I cannot wait. I know the weather at the beach can still be rainy and cloudy, but it has to be better than what we've been dealing with here. And, being on vacation is always such a nice break with so many fewer responsibilities :) Do you have any fun trips you've been on this summer - or have planned? 

How has your week been?

Have a great day, y'all! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment