Friday, March 25, 2016

TGIF: Hoppy Easter!

I thought this day would never come. This has been one of the. longest. weeks. ever. I don't know about you, but I am more than ready for the weekend!

Easter

I cannot believe it is already time for Easter! I feel like this year has just flown by! My aunt and uncle invited us over to their house for Easter and I am really looking forward to that. We have been assigned deviled eggs and  I just found the most delicious recipe for pimento cheese topped deviled eggs so I am really looking forward to that! :) What Easter traditions do y'all have?

Spring Cleaning

We moved into our house about three months ago and I feel like we have been unpacking ever since. Granted, it is due in large part to the fact that we have fortunately been receving wedding gifts for about half of that time, so as soon as we think its all squared away, something new arrives. Last weekend my mom came up and she was SO helpful in having us get eveyrhting unpacked and put away. Plus, she works at the local public school at home and was able to take a lot of things we had duplicates of, and were going to donate, back there to give to families that need them, which made it much easier to get rid of things. I'm hoping this weekend, now that all of the wedding gifts have been unpacked and put away, I can get back to getting the rest of the house in order - i.e. the piles of clothes that are still in our guest bedroom. I know we will need to make some major purges to make it all work, and I am actually kind of looking forward to that. However, it is not something that I've always been good at. One of my best/worst traits is finding a reason to keep everything. If y'all have any hard and fast rules that work for you, or other good tips please send them my way. My closet, and my mother, will thank you!

Financial Fitness

Just like there is no wrong time to start a new diet or work out routine, there is no wrong time to start getting your finances in order. In fact, as we approach Tax Day, this is probably one of the the best times to get your finances in order. If anything, just to impress your accountant :) But seriously, being financially fit is just as important as keeping your health in check. Earlier this week I wrote a post about just that. How to assess your finances and how to determine where you stand and what kind of changes you might need to make. As someone with an accounting background I really enjoyed covering the basics - because that's exactly what it was - the basics. But like anything, that's where you have to start. Let me know what y'all think, or if there is a more specific topic you'd like covered in the future!
Financial Fitness

Wedding Photos

We have received about a dozen wedding photo teasers at this point, along with our wedding video (!) and I am dying to see more! I love to scrapbook and do project life, but part of me also just wants a regular old album so that I can keep, look at, and share as many photos as possible. I'm also considering the option of doing both - but that might be a little over the top. What have some of you done with your wedding photos?

FitBit Alta

I've been eyeing this baby since the first email FitBit sent about it a few months ago. (FYI - FitBit: Your Ad Campaign worked on this girl). I love the pink band option that you can choose, I just don't love the $60 price tag just for the band. I currently have the Flex and I've been debating whether I wanted to upgrade to this one, and if it really is an upgrade because it still doesn't measure heart rate, and as far as I can fell it doesn't measure flights of stairs either. But, it does tell you if you are getting a call or text, and it tries to keep you active by reminding you each hour to make sure you've taken at least 250 steps. So the jury is still out, but now that it's available I've had the chance to read real reviews on Amazon and I think it might just be my next purchase - or birthday gift request :) Have y'all seen it in person? Do you have one? I am dying to know all about it! The ads make it look really pretty, but in terms of all the specs and display options I can't seem to narrow down exactly what it does or doesn't do!

Happy Friday, y'all! Have a Great Weekend!
xoxo

linking up with:

1 comment: