Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Election Day

If you haven't voted yet please stop reading this and go vote. As Americans we are are so so so fortunate to have the right to vote. I know that may sound cliche, but it is still true. I registered to vote when I was 17 - this was allowed because there was not going to be an election until after I was 18 - and there has only been one election (including primaries!) that I haven't voted in. And in my defense I missed it because someone on my Freshman hall was supposed to be in charge of absentee ballots and let's just say they dropped the ball.

Sticker Source
Anyways, voting is something I take very seriously and I truly believe that everyone else should too. Not only does it give you a voice, no matter how big or small, in the outcome, but in my opinion it gives you the right to complain. I know that sounds silly, but all the time people are complaining about politicians and their actions. If you didn't take the time out of your day once a year to vote it doesn't make sense that you deserve the right to complain when they are just trying to do their job.

I don't care if you are Republican, Democrat, Independent or whatever else. I don't care if you vote straight ticket or spend an hour deciding on every single office. I don't care if you live in a city with a population of 10,000 or 10,000,000. Please, please, please appreciate your right to vote and go do it!


the Skimm
Also - if you don't already read the Skimm, you should. In case you don't know, the Skimm is a news service that provides quick and to the point daily news right to your email. I discovered the Skimm about seven or eight months ago and I can't remember the last time that I didn't read it first thing in the morning. More importantly, recently they have really been pushing for everyone to get to the polls and "Pop the Campaign", which I obviously whole heartedly agree with. In fact, they have even created an Election Guide, which I would strongly encourage you to check out if you aren't sure who to vote for. I know not every state is covered, but a lot of them are and I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of detail that was provided.

Have you voted yet?

Have a Great Day, Y'all!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment