Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wear-to-Work Wednesday

As it has gotten drastically colder here lately, I've (unfortunately) had to result to wearing pants to work more often than I would prefer. I don't think there is anything wrong with pants, but as I've expressed before, I would much rather wear a dress. However, I am starting to get a little tired of having to wear tights and boots every. single. day. because it is so cold! 

These are a few looks I really love to wear with pants. First is a simple cardigan and top paired with neutral pants. Cardigans are always a great option because you have the ability to take it off at any point in the day if your office tends to run hot. For that reason, I always make sure to wear an office appropriate shirt underneath, i.e. no camisoles. Pants also can give you the option of wearing flats or heels (or wedges) depending on the hem of the pant and what you are comfortable with. 
cardigan | top | flats | wedges | trousers


In addition to easily pairing a cardigan and top with pants, I also love the look of colored pants and a neutral(ish) sweater. These pants, although "colored", I think would still be office appropriate because they are still a darker, classic color.

sweater | trousers | heels  

How do you deal with colder temperatures when you have to still dress for the office? 

Have a Great Day, Y'all!
xoxo
linking up with:

4 comments:

  1. I really like the second look! Love those colors together!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wear layers to the office... and I keep a blanket at my desk for when it is really too cold!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always seem to regret not wearing layers if I don't. I've had to use a space heater these last few weeks because it has been so cold!

      Delete
  3. My office is always cold so even it's hot outside, I need to wear layers. I always have a space heater to keep me warm too.

    Great looks you've put together.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete