Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wedding Wednesday, 374 days to go!

Happy Wednesday, Y'all!

I'm going to try something a little new around here on Wednesdays, "Wedding Wednesday." I hope these weekly updates/features will serve a lot of purposes. First, it will help me keep a running log of the wedding planning and engagement process, which I am trying to enjoy to the fullest! Also, as a first time bride there are so many things that I have no idea how to do or how to choose and I would love love love to hear from any of y'all on what worked for you, what didn't, what you've enjoyed at other weddings you've attended, etc. Seriously, I am willing to take any and all advice.

I am learning there are about a million decisions that have to be made and as someone who is naturally indecisive, I am anticipating that bringing me some stress, but I am trying to make as many decisions off the bat that I can because there are few things I love more than crossing something off of a to-do list.

Here are a few things that we've been able to decide in three short months:

Date:

February 2016

Time:

Early Evening

Location:

My Hometown in Kentucky

Ceremony:

My Church at Home

Reception:

A local venue in town, set on acres of land 

Officiant:

My Youth Pastor

Colors:

Grey and Navy - still hoping to include a few lighter colors like sage, blush, etc. 
Maybe something like this: 
Souce

Registry Locations:

(we've decided this, but have not even started thinking about what to actually register for)

Wedding Party:

We are each going to have seven people in our party (so many!) and they have all been asked and the Maid of Honor and Best Man have also been chosen 

There are still some major items that we need to start taking care of soon, things that tend to book up earlier - band, photographer, caterer, etc. We have a lot of ideas on these, but haven't made any definite decisions or put down any deposits yet.

Any advice on how to tame my indecisiveness? - It really is a lifelong struggle, and something I work at on a continuous basis, but wedding planning seems to have brought it all back to the surface. What are some things that y'all thing need to be decided as soon as possible?

Have a great day, y'all!
xoxo

p.s. I've been looking for a "Wedding Wednesday" Link-Up, but haven't been able to find one, so if y'all are aware of one that exists I would love to get involved. Or I'd be more than happy to host one if there is interest and another one isn't available!

No comments:

Post a Comment